Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My Smiling Face

This was written about two years ago and is still one of my favorites... please enjoy

My smiling face – Kiera Leanne 2/4/08

Dark abyssal depths
Constantly
Threaten to devour me
At any given moment
Without warning
Stealthily stalking; like a wolf
In sheep’s clothing
I am always caught
Unawares
Why am I…
Surprised?
It’s not as if
My existence
Is better than this
Yet I insist
On wearing the mask
Of smiles
What else can I do?
Otherwise
The burden;
Too great to be borne
Be discarded
Consuming darkness
Become my all…
Instead I must pretend
To progress
And hope pretense
Creates new reality
Otherwise
The future I long for
Recedes
Unattainable
By the likes of I
Returning
To the fiendish clutches
Of my pit of despair
No… I smile
Let the wolves come
Surprise me again
Reality must get better
Smile
I must…
I will…
Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment