Monday, October 5, 2009

Another addition in my consolidation efforts

The following is my personal favorite poem. It also has the distinction of being my first published work.

Awakening

By KieraLeanne - 8/29/09
Silently passes
These pretenses of mine
From morbid facades
Of malevolent conformity
To Reality sublime
Constant affirmation
With a joy undreamt of…
Life unfolds
Like a plot twisted novel
The ending obscure; unknown
The past is a page away
A lifetime ago
And seen from the beginning...
Who is this stranger
Who smiles
In mirrored surfaces
From unfamiliar depths of my soul?
Whoever she is
I know she is alive
More joyous; vibrant
Than the me that was me.
And wasn’t me at all.

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. Yourself buried yet visible. When we do emerge we either appreciate everything so much more or become profoundly scared of all about, glad you're the appreciative bolder sort. :) Where was this published? That is WONDERFUL. Post more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was published in an online/print newsletter for a support group in Tacoma, Washington... with a huge readership of a few hundred... lol... *smiles* still made me happy.

    ReplyDelete